2012 Celebration of Design Awards
Deadline for all Entries: Friday, June 22, 2012
The 2012 Design Excellence Awards are open to all ASID and IIDA Illinois Chapter Members and registered interior designers in the state of Illinois. If an interior designer is employed by a firm, he/she must be the primary interior designer on record for the project.
- Completed Entry Form and signed Release Statement
- Design Statements (Mandatory)
– A brief statement of the design concept to include the design problem and solution. If the design was restricted by a low budget, or involves remodeling, this should be noted.– A separate paragraph consolidating your design concept into a two to three sentence statement to be read by the Master of Ceremonies – limit statement to 50 words.
- Complete residential or commercial plan(s) showing placement of furnishings and location of all architectural features. Plans must be drawn to scale. Square footage is based on residential livable space or commercial usable space. File format: pdf
- In the residential categories below, a complete house plan, to scale, must be included to verify total residential square footage. File format: pdf
– Under 3,000 square feet– Over 3,000 square feet
- In the product categories, provide design/working drawings to scale. File format: pdf
- Photos should be high resolution jpeg images of no less than 300 ppi. File size no larger than 3MB per image. Maximum of 5 photos per project.
- We encourage remodeled spaces to include before photos. Before photos do not need to be of professional quality and any size is acceptable. The after photos should show same angle or area for judging.
- List of sources used in project.
- Optional: Design board with color images of materials and finishes. Pdf file format and file size no more than 2MB.
Deadline for Award Submissions is Friday, June 22, 2012 at 4:00PM. Late entries will not be accepted. No exceptions.
Entry Fees for first/single project are $275 for ASID and IIDA members and $325 for non-members. Entry Fee for each additional project is $150 for ASID and IIDA members and $200 for non-members. Entry Fees will be processed via credit card in the ASID shopping cart below. By submitting, entrants agree to be present at the Celebration of Design Awards Gala. Entry fee for first entry includes the cost of one (1) Awards Gala ticket.
Each entrant agrees to follow publicity guidelines as established by ASID Illinois and authorizes ASID IL to use photographs, submitted materials and design content in publicity releases. ASID Illinois Chapter does NOT accept responsibility for errors or omissions in any publicity.
- Award-winning projects can be recognized with Firm and design team names.
- A maximum of six entries per firm. Single projects may be entered in multiple categories with applicable fees for each entry.
- No professional photography restriction. Designer’s own project photos accepted.
- For more information on Call for Entry email Elizabeth Boaden at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contract Small Project (under 3,000 SF)
- Corporate Office 3,000 – 10,000 SF
- Corporate Office over 10,000 SF
- Recreational Facilities
- Government / Institutional
Best of Design
- Best Emerging Professional Project
- Best of Contract Design
- Best of Residential Design
- Best of Product Design
Cosentino Honorarium – Two (2) all expense paid trips to Spain, awarded to one Contract and one Residential candidate.
Sub-Zero/Wolf Honorarium – Cash Honorarium, awarded to one Contract and one Residential candidate.
ASID/IIDA Member $275
ASID/IIDA Member $150
Entry fee is non-refundable. By entering, applicant agrees to be present at the Celebration of Design Awards Gala on 9.14.2012. Single Entry Fee includes the cost of one Awards Gala ticket.